This is a sponsored post by Valspar Championship.
Golf is a life long sport. It is an amazing sport to introduce to children. We have
I have always wanted my kids to familiarize themselves with golf for a number of reasons. Golf is a wonderful sport for anyone to learn at any age at anytime. And most that are introduced at a later age would agree that they wish they would have learned it at a younger age. Here are 5 reasons golf is a great sport for kids:
1. Learn etiquette. Golf is a game of etiquette. You learn the rules. You follow the rules. You behave in a certain way when playing the sport. It’s a perfect way to learn characteristics that are often missing in the youth sports arena.
2. It’s a lifetime sport. One can play golf for a lifetime. It’s a sport that is a timeless classic and can be played by many at various skill levels.
3. Teaches personal responsibly. There are no teammates to blame if a shot doesn’t go your way. You learn to own the outcome of what transpires during each round.
4. Learn to focus. Concentration. Focus. Patience. Strength of character. Golf takes all if these skills and teaches kids to control their emotions during the highs and lows of the game. Just like in life, we must learn to deals with the good and the ugly, and by using lessons from golf, why not practice these skills.
5. Push away the screen. Playing golf is a fun activity to get kids outside (or inside) and away from the screen. With childhood obesity at an all time high, activities that help kids have fun and become active are needed!
For more ways to Push Away The Screen, visit Fit Kids Playground.
The Valspar Championship is the perfect place to take children (kids under 15 are free) so that they can experience golf at its best. The course is beautiful and it’s an professional experience that will get them excited to learn the sport.
For a listing of scheduled events for the upcoming championship, Sunday, March 8th through Sunday, March 16th, click here. There is a Jabil Family Fun Zone presented by Publix (8th and 9th holes) during the Championship rounds starting Thrusday, March 8- Sunday, March 12.
About the Championship:
The Valspar Championship is considered the most colorful PGA TOUR tournament in world, featuring some of the biggest names in golf, an interactive Family Fun Zone, a complimentary Saturday night concert featuring The Band Perry and opportunities to meet the players and receive autographs. The tournament takes place at the Innisbrook Resort and is scheduled this year for March 9-15, 2015. For ticket packages and information, visit ValsparChampionship.com or call 727-942-5566.
If you have an interest in starting your child in golf after the tournament, I personally recommend The First Tee of Tampa Bay. They have partnered courses all over the Tampa Bay area as well as classes and teams that are forming year round. Their mission: To impact the lives of young people in the Greater Tampa area by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
I have donated my 4, one-day tickets to the tournament, to The First Tee of Tampa Bay for families who will be taking their children to the Valspar Championship in hopes to inspire them to golf and learn the sport.
I loved golf from the moment I began playing when I was 9. I hope that other kids will learn to love it too.
If you’d like to win tickets, hop on over to my friend, The Eco Chic, where she is giving away 4 tickets!