I am excited to announce that I will be on Studio 10 TV (WTSP CBS Channel 10 in Tampa Bay) with a new segment talking kids, Tampa, travel, parenting and everything in between! I can’t wait to get started creating the content that I know inside and out for the viewers of Tampa Bay!
My first segment was on how to stay organized now that the kids are back in school! Here are the tips I talked about!
Organizing the Night Before:
RULE #1: LOOK AT THE CALENDAR
1. Uniforms/ What to wear- To be picked out and laid out… down to the earrings and shoes!
2. Lunch Prep- Easy things to pack the night before: water bottles filled with water, dry snacks portioned, cold snacks ready to be put in the lunch box in the morning.
3. Nightly back pack check- papers, homework, folder extras, money, ponchos should all be ready to go in the backpack. Ready to go by the front door.
4. Get a good night sleep!!!
Organizing the AM:
One rule: NO KIDS TV SHOWS! News only! I use the BrightHouse app to watch TV in my viewing area.
1. Have lunches ready to be finished.
2. Breakfast ready to go! Think cut up fruit (done the night before), smoothies, pre-made muffins…
3. Bathroom Supplies in one spot…for last minute touch ups… Ponytail holders, deodorant, hair spray, bug spray, sun screen…)
Organizing the After School Chaos:
1. After school snack prep (can be done the night before!) We love having healthy snacks like GoGo squeeZ or pre-cut carrots and grapes ready to be grabbed from the fridge! I also use plastic to go restaurant ramikins!
2. Homework Supplies organization.
3. Each Child has their own file-labeled. “A place for everything and everything in its place!”
4. Important papers, field trip forms.
5. Check your homework checklist! I make them on the computer and then have them on a clip board! Super easy to get kids to remember what they have to do each night when they get home.
6. Ready to go activities for the little one: playdough, markers, stamp pads…
7. A crockpot full of dinner so dinner is done! My motto is “fix it and forget it!”
8. What to do with all the art projects… ArtKive!
Stay tuned forore from the Tampa Mama on Studio 10 TV!