I’m laying in the very same spot I was at one year ago today… At Girl Scout camp sleeping in the great outdoors with Mia. I can’t help but think of ALL that has happened in one year… 365 days have gone by. What have we accomplished? What has changed? What have I learned? How have I grown? I guess it’s king of like a report card…I can grade myself on the growth that I’ve seen or haven’t seen. It feels like no time has gone by, yet it does… Minute by minute, second by second, time elapses and we are not able to realize it’s gone until we can reflect. Here are my 5 top things I have learned and why I feel I am a better person because of them.
1. Baby Steps. Everyone does things on their own time. No need to rush. If and when they are ready, they will proceed accordingly. Don’t rush. One must not always crawl before they can walk… If scooting is easier, go for it. Baby steps are the key to a successful foundation of greatness.
2. Perfection is wearing. Enough said.
3. You cannot do everything, so stop trying. Speaking the truth will set you free.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
5. Storms will come and go. You will always remember what happened during them, but will be much better prepared for when they come again.